Friday, July 23, 2010

Rubrics

Rubrics do not replace good teaching
Students help design rubric.
Revise the rubric as the year goes by, deleting, adding,
Rubric needs to be subject, development level appropriate


A rubric clarifies goals
A rubric designs instruction
A rubric communicates goals
A rubric guides feedback
A rubric guides the final product

A rubric can be used for
self evaluation
peer evaluation
teacher evaluation
ongoing evaluation
high lighted evaluation


Is the rubric valid?
Is the rubric reliable?
Is the rubric equal?

And yea for rubric web sites!!!!!!!

Did I hear behavior rubrics?


50 years ago my cousin said,
"All I learned to do in school today was stand in that stupid old line."

Hmm. Put that into a rubric?

1 comment:

  1. I loved this poem and your picture. I have had to create a lot of behavior chart in my time. They are not truly rubrics because you just indicate if the child met his/her goal or not. That would be to funny to create a rubric for standing in line! Audrey

    ReplyDelete