Thursday, July 8, 2010

Moffat, I, You and It.

To help remember and teach the 4 steps of Moffat, I would create a poster with clip art and the 4 verb endings: It is happening, It happened, It happens, and It could happen.
The clip art would depict 1 person, 2 people, a letter being sent and received and a person writing a book.

By each child having this, then we all would start at the same place--it would be out there on the table.

To keep myself and the students purposeful and focused, I might want to display a horizontal diagram of the school year showing how "we" will be starting with our comfort zone, like an oval rug and then adding to this "braided rug", oval by oval reading and hearing different types of writing, and then trying it on our own.

Since most K - 3 classrooms have reading rugs, it might be fun to have a model reading rug posted and add the types of writing "rings" to that rug so that we can see what we have added,
incrementally all year.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting idea! I like this. What do you think about making this theoretical idea so visible to your students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if I left the " theory" ideas out at first, but had a rug and enough space around it on the wall, so that I could add gradually and incrementally. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete