Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Linda Rief What's Right with Writing

First, how gratifying it was to read the list of names on page 34 under Quotable Quotes and actually now know who some of these people are and also know a little bit about their contribution to the writing field.

If I write down as "Important" what I summarized in the margins of the article,
this is what I wrote.


Writing is thinking--thinking deeply and wisely. Not only my thinking but as a teacher more importantly the thinking of the students.

Writers need to care about their topic. How the students feel about the topic will
spark the emergence of their individual voice.

Writers need to hear constructive responses. Not just "good job" on the paper, but at the least "one perceptive question" that moves the writer forward.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree - it was a great feeling to recognize many of the Quotable Quotes names and even have a good idea of what they contributed.

    ReplyDelete